Wednesday 28 August 2013

Water Update and Angelfall Review

Water is nearly finished! The cover will be revealed very shortly and an official release date will follow. 

In the meantime, here is my review of Angelfall by Susan Ee



5 Stars

“I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human.

We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. 

But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.” 


The book is amazing; I could not put it down and got through it in a day.

I loved the plot as it was very different to the other angel stories I've read. Angelfall is a fusion between an angel story and a Zombie apocalypse. It was dark and edgy, but also offered an interesting take on what it means to be human. I think my awareness of this might have been heightened by the fact that I am currently working my way through Battlestar Galactica, so this sort of storyline - humans surviving against the odds against a religiously motivated super-race - is forefront in my mind! 

I thought that the relationship between Peryn and her sister was very sweet and a powerful driving force in the novel. I really believed that Peryn would do anything to get her back and I liked how it was also highlighted through the twins in the resistance camp.

The romance felt very natural and progressed at a good pace. I loved Raffe, he was a strong male lead, with a decent amount of arrogance and wit (not quite on Jace proportions, but still very promising).

Peryn was also a great protagonist; she was strong and feisty but not perfect (I loved how she struggled to come up with witty responses to Raffe).

I had no idea that this was the first in a series, so was slightly concerned when my Kindle claimed to be 90% of the way through and there was not a neat conclusion on the horizon! I am now eagerly anticipating the release of book two in November.

The cover is also really striking; pretty, but also dark and mysterious. According to Ee's website, it was actually picked following a cover competition, which is pretty cool. 

This one is a must-read for fans of Fallen and Hush-Hush.

2 comments:

  1. WoW! I can't wait for Water...

    I loved Angelfall, before reading I was thinking that it was another book about angels but I was totally wrong! Ever since I read it I have falen in love with both the book and the amazing writer. I can't wait for World After.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I have too. And I love that the series has such cool, epic sounding titles. I can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.

    ReplyDelete