Thursday 12 November 2015

Pop Sugar Reading Challenge

Hello! I'm sorry I haven't updated in ages. It's because I've been super busy writing, but there will be more on that in my next post. Today, I want to post an update on the Pop Sugar reading challenge I've been working on. 

A book with more than 500 pages {Casual Vacancy}
A classic romance {Mansfield Park}
A book that became a movie {Gone Girl}
A book published this year {The Red Queen}
A book with a number in the title (Fahrenheit 451}
A book written by someone under 30 {Queen of Shadows}
A book with nonhuman characters {Winter}
A funny book
A book by a female author {Gone Girl}
A mystery or thriller {The Cuckoo's Calling}
A book with a one-word title {Fangirl}
A book of short stories
A book set in a different country {100 Years of Solitude}
A nonfiction book {Bringing Up Bebe}
A popular author's first book
A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet {Paper Towns}
A book a friend recommended {The Secret History or One Hundred Years of Solitude}
A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
A book based on a true story
A book at the bottom of your tbr list.
A book your mum loves
A book that scares you {Asking For It}
A book more than 100 years old {Tess of the D'Urbervilles}
A book based entirely on its cover {We Were Liars}
A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't {An Inspector Calls - technically, I didn't have to read this when I was at school, but I did need to read it for work and managed to blag my way through a few lessons before I got round to it}
A memoir {The Guantanamo Diary}
A book you can finish in a day {7 Days}
A book with antonyms in the title {AWorld Without Princes - The School for Good and Evil #2}
A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit {The Scorpio Races - I know it's not real, but I would love to visit Puck's island}
A book that came out the year you were born
A book with bad reviews
A trilogy
A book from your childhood {We're Going on a Bear Hunt}
A book with a love triangle {Half Wild}
A book set in the future {Only Ever Yours}
A book set in high school {To All the Boys I've Loved Before}
A book with a colour in the title {Red Rising}
A book that made you cry {Tess of the D'Urbervilles}
A book with magic {Half Bad}
A graphic novel
A book by an author you've never read before {The Winner's Curse}
A book you own but have never read
A book that takes place in your hometown {A Darker Shade of Magic - well, versions of it, anyway!}
A book that was originally written in a different language {One Hundred Years of Solitude}
A book set during Christmas
A book written by an author with your initials
A play {An Inspector Calls}
A banned book
A book based on or turned into a TV show
A book you started but never finished {Casual Vacancy}

There are quite a few categories I don't think I'm going to cross of this list and there are a few books I've read, but can't fit in anywhere. I've now read 38 out of the 40 books I set myself as a challenge on goodreads this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment