Wednesday 29 March 2017

Mother's Day Reading


This Mother's day I was "lucky" enough to get some lovely gifts. I've put the lucky in inverted commas because my kids are 2 and a half, and 9 weeks old, so I knew exactly what I was getting as I'd picked them myself and sent my husband the links!

Mary Berry Everyday is my second Berry cookbook and now proudly sits alongside my much loved and often used Mary Berry's Baking Bible, which is easily the best recipe book I own. I love cooking and baking, so I've acquired quite a large collection of recipe books now. Some seem to end up just being for show (Crumb and The Weekend Baker have only been used once each so far) but I've already picked out three recipes from this one to try next week, so I think it's going to be a great addition. 

I'm halfway through the Unmumsy Mum Diary at the moment and have laughed out loud more times than I can keep track of. Turner is a brilliant writer and is superb at telling stories in hilarious ways. I'm only concerned that I'm looking slightly into the future, to when my two start interacting - and therefore bickering and fighting - with each other. 

I also received the blu-ray of Fantastic Beasts, which isn't in the picture as it was released the day after Mother's day). I didn't manage to see Fantastic Beasts in the cinema as I was seven months pregnant when it came out and didn't fancy being sat down for that long without a toilet break, so Monday was my first time getting to watch it. Although, I did know the plot as I picked up a copy of the screenplay in Minalima when I went to see the Cursed Child (which I saw in November, despite being seven months pregnant and having to walk up a lot of stairs!) I read a lot of plays, but FB was the first film script I'd ever read and I kept expecting the film itself to deviate from it in some way then had to remind myself that they wouldn't be any different (baby brain!). The special effects were superb and I'm already looking forward to watching it again.

I think I organised quite a successful, bookish Mother's Day for myself; however, I'm looking forward to the first year when I don't have to pick my own gifts even more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment